Thursday, November 12, 2009

Golden Gourds


So here's what I worked on for a bit last night... glittered gourds. I've done them in both brown and gold and I'm using them around the house for a little autumn-style bling. (I'll also have some at homebodies by the weekend for sale.) When I showed them to Jeff he said they reminded him of the Solid Gold Dancers and he wanted to know which one was Marilyn McCoo...too funny!
If you want to try this yourself (I love to glitter anything)... I just cleaned the gourds (scrub them with an abrasive pad or fine sand paper), spray paint them a similar color to the glitter you'll use and when they're dry, cover them in glue and pour on the glitter. It's a really good idea to spray them with clear coat laquer to keep the glitter on longer. Here's where I get my glitter... pretty good bulk pricing, but if you know of a better deal, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment